I am a freelance software developer, systems architect consultant.
Don’t Believe Everything you Read on the InternetLao Tzu
Open Source Work
I have worked a fair amount in Open Source projects, and my github has a variety of projects and codebases.
I am currently spending most of my OSS time on Eventicle, a NodeJS Event based library for building reactive/ streaming applications while following common DDD patterns and integrating naturally into the synchronous API world.
Due to the joys of IR35, I no longer take on exclusive full time contracts, neither on site nor remote.
I sometimes have availability for freelance engagements that meet the following criteria.
- Majority remote working
- 2-4 days/ week engagement.
- Flexibility on hours (ie, not simple 9-5).
- Not simple delivery, I am best employed as an innovator or definer of technical architecture.
- Not high process. I don’t mind lots of process, but I’m a technologist, so don’t ask me to actually implement your extensive processes.
- Within my technical expertise areas.
- Application architecture
- Kubernetes oriented platform building
- Event based data architecture
- NodeJS/ Java/ Groovy/ Go …
I am married, live in the north of england with 2 children.
Contact Me via email me at daviddawson dot me.